We invite you, your family and friends, to come visit us and our beautiful 27 acres of heaven!
Watermelon Park is tucked into the foothills of the splendorous Blue Ridge Mountains and nestled along the state scenic Shenandoah River. While here, you and your family, can rediscover one another by sitting around the campfire roasting s’mores, going fishing, tubin’, swimming or even playing a game of volleyball! We are proud to offer the lowest rates in the tri-state area! No Reservations, just come on in.
(No electric/water hook-up) Primitive camping… Otherwise known as “roughing it!” gives you that sense of being in the wilderness yet the comfort of knowing that you are close to civilization. Here at Watermelon Park you have the freedom to choose from camping right along the river, in the shade or under the open sky! (No reservations are accepted for primitive camping) (Please no cars in the tent areas).
RV Camp sites:
We have 68 sites to choose from! All sites are equipped with at least 30 amp service, clean & cold running water and a picnic table. We have a Dump Station on site! Please bring a “above ground” fire pit or grill to use at your campsite.
Our hours of operation:
Entrance at the gate from 7:00 am – 11:00 pm. Check out time is 1:00 pm. We are open 7 days a week from April 1st. – November 1st.
After November 1 we are open by appointment only.(Give us a Call for an Appointment ).
Park entrance fee for camping:
- Sunday through Thursday $10.00 per person per day
- A weekend pass is required on Friday $25.00 per person for 3 days, Saturday $20.00 per person for 2 days. Ages six and under are free!
- Day use pass for swimming, fishing and use of the recreational area is $10.00 per person. Ages six and under are free. You must park in the day pass area.
- RV sites with water and electric are an additional $15.00 per night.
Be sure to visit the Watermelon Park Camp Store!
Inside the Watermelon Park Camp Store you can Purchase Camping Gear,Souvenirs, Ice Cream Bars, Snacks, Drinks Fishing Bait & Tackle, Grills & Fire Pits, Charcoal, Bath Supplies, Hot Coffee in the Morning, and So Much More!
We want ALL of our guests to enjoy a peaceful and relaxing day or weekend at the park!
Your cooperation with our Park Rules is greatly appreciated
- Please do not build a Camp Fire on the grass. Use a fire pit that has been in use and is rock lined or bring a above ground fire pit or barbecue grill
- Do not dump any ashes into the dumpster
- All trash bags must be taken to the Dumpster. Do not over fill the bags and do not leave them at your camp site. You are responsible for your campsite. Keep it clean
- By State Ordinance: NO carry-in firewood will be allowed. Clean Local Store Purchased wood is allowed. We usually have firewood available at the front gate
- “Quiet Time” is 11 PM for All Music and Loud Noise. All Electronic devises and any RV running a Generator Must be Off. No Exceptions!.
- You must be at least 18 to enter Watermelon Park Campground, Unless accompanied by a parent, guardian or another responsible adult.
- NO UNDERAGE Possession of alcohol is permitted
- NO GLASS BOTTLES or Jars are Allowed into the Park. If you go into the river with any type of glass….. You will be asked to leave
- ANY Music during the Day or Evening MUST be kept Low and the Sound can not be heard in any adjacent camp site. All Music is Required to be Off at 11:00 PM
- NO LITTERING of your Campsite or the River. Do not allow Any Paper, Plastic or Trash, Food Scraps, Bottle Caps, Etc. to remain on the ground, the river bank or in the water. If you have to be told to clean up, you may be asked to leave
- VEHICLE TRAFFIC Must be Limited in the Park. No mini bikes, scooters, electric or gas driven cycles or carts of any type are allowed. Any one driving in the park is required to have a valid drivers license. Golf Carts can be approved by the Park Manager. All Handicap Transportation Type Vehicles are allowed
- Cars and Trucks must be Parked Off from the River Bank and away from the tent camping areas. Please do not take up tent space with your car
- CAMPGROUND SPEED LIMIT is 10 mph or LESS. Go slow. No speeding, reckless driving, spinning tires or non licensed driving is Allowed.
- NO DOGS as of the ( 2016 ) season ( Will be Permitted into Watermelon Park primitive tent sites. RV sites only!
- Please Respect the Bathrooms and any Portable Toilets. Help us keep the Bath/Shower house clean. Don Not put Trash into the Porta Johns. (Please report any issues to the Bath Attendant, Security or the Front Gate)
- No Portable toilets or bathrooms are allowed in the camp ground. Use the Bath House.
- Generators are not permitted in the tent or primitive camping areas.
- Fishing throw type nets are not permitted in the camp ground.
- No Firearms or BB Guns are Allowed. LEO or Licensed Please Declare to the Park Manager
- No Fireworks of any type are permitted
- Just ask us for a trash bag! Please…leave no trace!
- Be respectful of your fellow campers and our Staff!